2019-12-02

BODYPUMP 99 Review

BODYPUMP is a workout program by Les Mills and great for keeping a good hiking body.

My training is written here at How to Stay in Shape for Big Hiking 

BODYPUMP has new releases every 3 months and currently newest version is 111. 

My gym has 4 BODYPUMP instructors. 3 of them keep up with the newest version always. However, 1 instructor knows only version 80 to 99. I don't know exactly which versions she knows, but always version 80's or 90's and she has never done after version 100 nor older than version 80. 

So I have actually opportunity to learn relatively old versions, despite the fact I started Bodypumping a little after 107 was released. 

So today I will review version 99.

So now, each track's review.

Track1: Warmup

Music: Mad World (Radio Edit) by Hardwell feat. Jake Reese

Nice light rhythm for warmup track. Some clean and presses with power presses. 

Track2: Squats

Music: Power Glove by Knife Party

Not too hard like version86, but some repeats of "4 singles + 4 bottom half" are tough. Still doable. I increased my weight recently when ver.111 was released and I was able to do this version with that. My current weight for squats is 27 kg. 

Track3: Chest

Music: In The Dark by 3 Doors Down

This is SOOOOOO hard. It is the hardest chest track I have ever done. Using a bar during the entire track, so lighter weight than usual is better.

A lot of 8 bottom half and ALSO 16 bottom half. I had to decrease the weight since I didn't know this is such a tough one. 

Track4: Back

Music: Winterburn byAndrew Rayel & Digital X feat. Sylvia Tosun

Not a hard one. It is funny doing after recent ones (109-111), it is simple. No high-pull no pull like that.  4 clean and presses usually and only 1 of 8 clean and presses.

Music is a little too quiet, but OK.

Track5: Triceps

Music: Something In The Way You Move by Ellie Goulding

Although there are many bottom half with a bar, it is not a very hard one either. However for me I got tired at chest track, so that damage came a little. 

I feel Les Mills likes lady songs for Triceps. This is a good song for triceps. Well fit.  

Track6: Biceps

Music: Emperor’s New Clothes by Panic! At The Disco

This is a very good one. Not too hard, but hard enough. Feels like 3-1 lasts forever. AND a lot of pulse pulse pulse pulse....

Song is great. 

Track7: Lunges

Music: Won’t Stop Rocking by R3hab & Headhunterz

With a bar for the entire track.

First 1/3 is squat.

Then a lot of 3 pulse + 2 single lunges. The hardest part is twice there is 16 bottom half squats!

Track8: Shoulders

Music: Old Skool byArmin van Buuren

The hardest part is the last shoulder press. 2X (8 overhead press then 8 overhead press with legs) meaning 32 consecutive presses. 

This definitely makes my shoulder ON FIRE.

The song is great. Generally Les Mills brings good beat song for shoulder tracks.

Track9: Abs

Music: Work by Rihanna feat. Drake

This was my first time doing speed-crunch. Wow. It is a punch. Hope it will help someday I have six packs. 

Track10: Stretch

Music: Torches by Daughtry

Basic. Good song for strech.  

Overall ver.99 is not the hardest, but chest is the real killer. 99 has a lot of 16 pulse, which is probably the feature. It made me realize I still need to grow more chest muscles.

LOVE BODYPUMP!

No comments:

Post a Comment