2020-03-26

BODYPUMP 112 Review

I love BODYPUMP. Not only because it is a great workout, but also I love the music and its BODYPUMP class atmosphere. 

BODYPUMP is the BEST training even had in my life.  How to Stay in Shape for Big Hiking is the blog about my training. 

BODYPUMP version 112 was launched at the beginning of February and so far I did 8 times of 112. So now time to review it. Now currently my gym has been closed since mid-March. I really miss BODYPUMP. I don't like to do it at home. I love to do BODYPUMP in the class setting with people with same interest and with an instructor. It is much more fun and motivating than doing by myself. Beside you can have a lot of mix versions in the class, but not at home with Les Mills demand. 

Any way I start with BODYPUMP 112 review.

At first I was not sure about 112, but as I repeated I liked more, and more, and more. 

Track1: Warmup

Music: So close by NOTD, Felix Jaehn & Captain Cuts feat. Georgia Ku

Great song! Choreography is easy to follow and good one. The bonus here is the music video. As a Japanese, it is great to see the video was recorded in Tokyo! 

Track2: Squats

Music: Starry Eyes (Steerner Remix) by Young Bombs

I like the song, but I don't like the choreography. Why is half of the track without a barbell? It is too easy and not challenging. I use 7.5 kg handweight for the second part of track, but still not hard at all. I don't need to do calf training. I would rater prefer challenging squats with very heavy barbell. This track is the heaviest track of the day in BODYPUMP, so all track should be with a barbell. There is an option to use a barbell all the way until the end, but it is not good for back to stand with toes with such heavy barbell. 

What is going on Les Mills?

Again, still I like the song. 

Track3: Chest

Music: Killer Queen by Queen

Queen! I love the song of killer queen. I want to be a killer queen.

Despite the good song, the choreography is confusing. The first half is the barbell workout is from bottom. It is challenging, but often, I was like "What? My barbell is still up and the instructor is saying from bottom!"
At 6th time I finally did all correct. And that is the last time to do 112 all tracks through. Maybe I do this as a mix. 

Track4: Back

Music: UCLA (Heimanu Remix)RL Grime feat. 24hrs

Wow this is a hard track. 

Double dead rows, 7 dead rows, 4 X (dead row+high pull + 1 clean and press), 8 X clean and presses.
One set is already hard, but 2 sets of this.
Hard, but I love challenging workout. 

Mr.N said this is too much. 

Track5: Triceps

Music: Hustle by P!nk

I think this is the highlight of 112. So hard and first time I did this I thought it was a joke. I was thinking, "Are you kidding?"

A lot of kickbacks, then a lot of triceps pushups with core works. Why core works here? I am not sure but it sure gives super extra challenging. Coreworks with double jumping is a true killer. 

Les Milles loves P!nk too much and personally too many P!nk songs in BODYPMP, but this one is a good song. 

Track6: Biceps

Music: Dies IraeApashe & Black Prez

Dramatic track. Ever. 

I want to be a beast.
Well, this song is saying, "I'm a beast, unleashed" This beast part is repeated a lot. Also this song contains a lot of opera part. Beast and opera are opposite side of thing but when it is mixed it becomes a perfect song for biceps track.
I usually use 7 kg for biceps but I am able to use 9 kg for 112 biceps. This is hard, but some breaks during the track. 

Track7: Lunges

Music: PicaDeorro by Henry Fong & Elvis Crespo

Latin sounded song fits with lunges. This track used a platform. That adds slope and it supposed to be hard, but for me not much. Maybe because the half of this lunge track is actually squats. My legs are the strongest part, so it is not very challenging enough. 

Track8: Shoulders

Music: Do it Again by Steve Aoki & Alok

I know that this is the least popular track by people's review for 112, however, HOWEVER, I LOVE this DO IT AGAIN!

Sure I can do it again, and do it again, and again and again with fun for 5 minutes. I think that this song is a great fit for shoulder track. Also, bonus point is Steve Aoki is Japanese American. I give extra points anything related to Japan. 

Track9: Abs

Music: No New Friends by LSD feat. Sia, Diplo & Labrinth

I am not sure about the meaning of song: no new friends, but it is okay. This is a very short track. The second half of ab track is hard, but since it is short, it is not challenging enough. This ab track is maybe short, because triceps track has ab part. I hope that ab track is a little longer. 

Track10: Stretch

Music: Miracle by Labrinth

Good mellow song for stretching. 
Overall I like 112. Triceps and Biceps are good one. Squats track is not sure.
Les Mills is now too much into so called "innovation", but I love old steady movement, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment