2024-07-12

Devils Garden, Utah




Quite interesting area to see. This is just 30 minutes to 1 hour walking not really a hike, but great place to admire the monument. It is in the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, but this Devils Garden is additional protected area as Devils Garden Outstanding Natural Area. Usually there is not many signs along Hole-in-the-Rock road even at the parking area, but this one has even restroom.

The book I checked "100 classic hikes UTAH" says this Devils Garden hike can be either the first introduction to Escalante, or stop point after long hike. We did as latter. We had a big day hiking into Golden Cathedral (10 mile hike with 20 mile rough road drive), then checked out this garden. That is why the pictures above show evening sky.

This small area somehow concentrates the sandstone arches, mini-spires/towers.  These shapes are kind of bizarre and eerie. Mysterious and even I feel strange. In that sense, I feel like I was in the different world. That I often feel when I am in the Escalante area. Maybe that is the reason this is called Devil's garden? Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment