2019-09-22

BODYPUMP 110 Review

Training is important to be strong to do hardcore hikes and backpacking.

BODYPUMP is perfect training for hiking. Having balanced muscles is the key.

I love, love, love BODYPUMP. My training is written here at How to Stay in Shape for Big Hiking in detail. 

 

BODYPUMP releases new versions every three months So now here I will review version 110.

Track1: Warmup

Music: I Need by Wilkinson feat. Hayla

Good. There is something new, high pulls. Recently Les Mills likes to do high pulls. It is tough, but it means good for training.

Track2: Squats

Music: Wild Wild Son (Club Mix) by Armin Van Buuren feat. Sam Martin

It is relatively short (5 min 30 sec). My instructor said it is usually 6 min. Maybe for that reason, it is not the toughest track in my opinion. The music fits with squats rhythm.

Track3: Chest

Music: Heads Up by JAIN

They retained the walking pushups. I don't think walking pushups is so tough. I like the music though. For me chest track with a bar is the toughest.

Track4: Back

Music: First Time by Seven Lions, SLANDER & Dabin feat. Dylan Matthew

A loooot of dead rows and again high pulls. I don't know why 110 has so many high pulls. Clean and presses are not consecutive, so it is easy. I like the music. 

Track5: Triceps

Music: Woman Like Me by Little Mix feat. Nicki Minaj

Starts with triceps extensions with a bar, then with large plate, then dip. I like the track with mixture of stuff. So I like it. Music is OK.

Track6: Biceps

Music: Machine by Imagine Dragons

Biceps is one of my weakest muscle group. So it is always hard. The hard part: all way up + half way up. Grrr. So many repeat of this. It is nice to have a break half way. This is a great workout for biceps. Music is good, too.

Track7: Lunges

Music: Buscando by GTA & Jenn Morel

Using a bar for this track. It is tough (depending on plate size. I used 10 kg total). Music is OK, but a good workout.

Track8: Shoulders

Music: Losing It by FISHER

I LOVE this song very much!!!!!

I am not fan of slow press: I can't do it well (lol). Then overhead presses. My shoulders are always ON FIRE during overhead presses (without squats portion) during shoulder track. This version is 32 of overhead presses (16 with 16 without squats). The first time I had overhead presses at shoulder track was version eighty-something. It had 48 overhead presses during shoulder track. It was my biggest fire on my shoulder. Tough, but ON FIRE feels good afterwards, and facilitate growth of muscles (I hope) so it is all good.

Track9: Abs

Music: Taki Taki by DJ Snake feat. Selena Gomez, Ozuna & Cardi B

Weird song. Taki taki? What's that? 

Abdominal is for sure my weakest muscle. Ab is really important core part for all the track. Indeed my instructor says "brace the core!!!" at every single track. So I try hard without caring music, by celebrating almost making it to the cool down track.

Track10: Stretch

Music: Want To by Dua Lipa

Stretch track is always nice after all the hard work.  The lyric of this song is strong, but melody contains sadness, which I love. I think good songs contain always some sadness inside, even if it is a happy party song. Whether people notice of not, that hidden sadness portion is the source of moving.

I like the short silence between abdominal track and stretch track. People are tired by the end of the abs, and usually people keep silent by laying down on the mat quietly. 


Overall I love 110 (after all I love all BODYPUMP versions), especially shoulder track song. I even hear that song while I am at home browsing internet (Mr.N thinks that I am weird because I am listening to many BODYPUMP songs at home when I am chilling).

One more thing about 110 is Les Mills official BODYPUMP110 is super cool. They recorded this version in the mountains of New Zealand (Les Mills is New Zealand company). Usually their video is at the studio. The video is here at youtube.




 



 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment