2019-08-29

Grand Teton Day7

This day was only 6 miles to back to the trailhead. All downhill. Easy!

pika

In the morning I saw a super cute pika. He was eating leaves.

As a Japanese, I got know pikachu before I learned about pika. 

For those who don't know picachu is a main character of poke-mon. Poke-mon is a shorten term of pocket-monsters. Pikachu is one of small monsters. "Chu" is crying sound in Japanese. So I assume pikachu is named after pika and mice. Actually pika is not a rodent, but close to rabbits. Anyway, the fact pika is cute is solid.

On the way we saw many many wild huckleberries and ate a lot. Mr.N who grew up in Montana especially love huckleberries and he kept eating more than me. We saw a group of three women who each carried a big basket to collect huckleberries. Wow. That size per person? Ambitious!

Then Mr.N shared memories to get bored when he and Ms.L went huckleberry picking. Mr.N would say, "I am bored." Ms.L answered, "Too bad." hahahaha.


Indian Paintbrush
Then I realized that I had not taken a picture yet.

I guess the reason why the divide was named Paintbrush Divide was there are a lot of Indian Paintbrush in the area. They are pretty color. 

I strongly think that paintbrush fits in the scene of Paintbrush Divide. Somewhat isolated, harsh environment at the Paintbrush Divide this colorful beauty of Paitnbrush resides there. This contrast is not a mismatch, but it is a complete suit. I even think lonely mountains is getting enchanting power from these flowers. 

Then we came back to the trailhead and found our shiny blue car. 

First reward of the tough backpacking was taking a shower! There is shower and laundry place inside the Grand Teton Park. Several times I had taken showers after multiple day backpacking, but this was one of the best shower I had ever had. Really good thing about this shower place is NO limit of the shower time. After 5 days of no showering, I wanted to wash my hair twice, then intensively wash body. It is nice to have unlimited shower! First person is $4.5 and after second person is $3 for shower. Not bad. 

As a second reward we went to a nearby town, Jackson, and ate a bison burger. It was good but not great. The restaurant didn't ask us how it should have been cooked. I realized after eating it was well done. Mr.N and I both wanted it to be rare. It was still good meal after days of camping food, though. Then we had cappuccino followed by grocery store for shopping food for the next backpacking trip. 

After filling tummy, we headed for a next destination, Wind River Range where we did the second backpacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment