2019-07-30

Training: BODYPUMP 86 Review

One of my training to stay fit for hiking is BODYPUMP.

I love BODYPUMP. I wrote about BODYPUMP and a review of BODYPUMP version 109 before.

Now, this is a review of BODYPUMP version 86. 

If you are familiar with BODYPUMP, you think what the hell I am writing about version 86 now in 2019. You are right. Currently the latest version is 110. 

Version 86 was released in 2013. I don't think not many people even do 86 these days. However, I do sometimes. The reason is one of instructors at my gym.

My gym has four BODYPUMP instructors. Three of them do usually new versions mixing with old one. For example, one or two tracks use a little older one (but not more than five years ago), and the rest are the versions released within a year. 

One of the instructor, Kim, does only version 80-95. Apparently, at some point she stopped learning new versions. There are five BODYPUMP classes/week and two of them are Kim's. I do BODYPUMP twice a week, so often one of them is Kim's. I don't know why she stopped learning new versions. Just lazy maybe. For me it is fine. As long as I can do BODYPUMP and it is interesting to know how the old school versions. They are somewhat different from recent versions. 

So, now, review for 86. 

Overall version 86 is really tough one in my opinion.

Track1: Warmup

Music: I cry by Flo Rida

Reminds me of the days this song was popular. I like this song, and great beat for boosting me up.

Track2: Squats

Music: In the Clear by Six60

This is really tough!!! Especially 8 bottom halves in row. There are two 8 bottom halves. The second one at the end, my legs were shaking. Literally. Beat is great for squats.

Track3: Chest

Music: Your Body by Christina Aquilera

Using a bar all time. In my opinion, it is not very tough and not long. I was able to increase weight from 10 kg to 12 kg. Music beat is little too slow but I like the song.

Track4: Back

Music: Campione 2012 by DJ Flow

There is an interesting movement, "clean". Only clean portion of clean and press. This track is hard, because repeating 4 cleans + 4 clean and presses and also overhead presses. Tough but should make me stronger. 

The song is catchy but not great.

Track5: Triceps

Music: 50 Ways To Say Goodbye by Train

I think that this is not very hard. There are a lot of dips but it is fine. 

The song! I am not fan of this. I remember it was popular back in 2013 or so, but not sure for BODYPUMP.

Track6: Biceps

Music: Dark Side by Kelly Clarkson

It is tough but short, so I was able to increase the weight. I like Kelly Clarkson, but this song is a little too slow: and there are many slow 4-4 movements in 86.

Track7: Lunges

Music: Don't You Worry Child (Radio Edit) by Swedish House Mafia feat. John Martin

Lunges track, but more than half is squats. Squats is my strongest movement, so no problem for me. Another new movement is squats and put a plate up by standing on toe. Fun. I love the song and beat fits with squats.

Track8: Shoulders

Music: We'll Be Coming Back by Upon Havoc

Grrrr. This is really tough. Starts with many push-ups, mac-raises, then overhead presses. There are two exact same sets. HARD. My shoulder were ON FIRE. I felt hotness in my shoulder by the 3/4 done.

Track9: Abs

Music: She's So Mean by Matchbox 20

Easy track. I like the song, the beat fits well with ab track. Not too fast not too slow.

Track10: Stretch

I think Les Mills loves P!nk sooooo much. I like P!nk and she is a great singer, but maybe need more varieties.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment