2019-01-14

Tour du Mont Blanc Day9

Trail Day9 (10 km +1200m/-500m) (6.2 miles +4000 feet/-1640feet)

Lac Blanc

In the morning I woke up around 4 a.m., because my stomach hurt. The way it hurt was something wrong. Then I had to go to the restroom three times. It was obviously food poisoning. Since Mr.N didn’t get one, it must be from chicken I had on a previous night. Even after going to the restroom, my stomach hurt every 5 minute, so I laid down until 11 a.m. I was debating if I would take one day rest or try walking, but I decided to hike, because Mr.N agreed that he would carry some of my stuff (Thanks Mr.N!).

Hiking without breakfast but with stomachache was extremely tiring. I don’t have extra fat to burn when I don’t get energy from food. I thought, “Wow, food makes such a big difference!”

Especially a series ladder (see left picture) made me out of breath. There are more than ten ladders on the way. Despite this fact, the view was beautiful. I was determined to go to Lac Blanc, which was one of the points I really wanted to go. I kept walking with will. 

Lac Blanc was amazing. It was glacier color and most of the lake was still frozen. Although it was really cold and I had food poisoning, it was definitely worth visiting the lake with detour.




We saw a lady (probably French) but spoke English. She was nice and we talked about TMB. She was a TMB hiker and she said that she really enjoyed talking with random TMB hikers. I like this kind of hikers: being friendly with good hearts. Then we descended to our final campsite of TMB. It was free. My stomachache interval got longer in the evening compared to the one in the morning, so I ate tomato soup. Even only a cup of soup gave me energy. I realized again that food actually gives body energy.

Next party was four French people and they shared pasta for dinner. They apparently carried pasta sauce that was in a glass jar. I was surprised that they carried such a heavy thing in the era of ultralight backpacking (but it is of course they can do what they want).

 




No comments:

Post a Comment