2019-02-20

Acadia National Park Camping in Summer

2018 Memorial weekend in May, I went camping in Acadia National Park in Maine.

There are many beautiful lakes and pretty ocean views there. 

Jordon Pond

I didn't know that Maine is a pretty state. First of all, I didn't know the state of Maine for the first five years of stay in the U.S. Maine is northeastern state in the U.S. Actually northern part is most north, and most eastern in the U.S. The first time I recognized the state of Maine was when I saw Acadia National Park in Maine in the book of American National Park. Pictures look pretty, so Acadia National Park had been on my bucket list for a while. Finally I am in the driving distance there, so I visited!

Acadia National Park is mainly on Mount Desert Island and with a lot of small islands nearby. Therefore it has many rocky coastline. Due to this kind of location, this park has pretty and peaceful scenery with water: lake and ocean.  However, not only water scenery, but also the park has mountains. So you can hike up to mountains and look over the lakes and ocean. Indeed I climbed up Cadillac mountain. This place is "the first sunrise" in the U.S. I did hike up Cadillac mountain, but people actually can drive up there. From the top, you can see Atlantic ocean and numerous small island on the ocean. It is peaceful. 

Moving from California, so much water filling views are new to me. California has more dry (yet still beautiful) view and even desert. In New England, so much water in the nature, which is beautiful.

At the top Cadillac Mountain

Not only Cadillac mountain, there are many short trails. One of them, some portions are steep and need to climb a ladder (at least ladder is there, so not too difficult). Some portions, you need to walk on the metal thing (on the right picture). It is fun these little adventures. 

 

I camped 2 nights at Blackwoods campgrounds.  Despite the huge campground (+300 sites), it is quiet and nice. Compared to California, camping fee is higher in New England in general, however, it is worth visiting Acadia. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment