2019-02-24

Mount Cardigan Hiking

One day in spring after a long winter, I went hiking in Mount Cardigan in New Hampshire. It is possible to hike, cross-country skiing, and snowshoeing in New Hampshire in winter, but spring is an exciting season. Somehow human beings like to see fresh green in the spring and cute colorful spring flowers. I am not an exception. I can appreciate green much more in spring. On this hike I also had opportunities to see wild flowers. Their colors are prominent in the snow melted New Hampshire.

First, I saw trillium. The color is really pretty and hard to describe with my poor vocabulary. It is not vivid red but not blood red either. I could see clearly vessels in each petal.

Then next is glacier lilies!! Wow. I didn't know that they can be found in New England. Surprising. Yellow is a happy color. They look humble and pretty. 

Then next was another trillium. This one is white and the petals are more spiky. It is interesting. 

 

 

 

 

 

Then I saw another white flowers with green leaves, but I don't know the name (please let me know if you know the name). No name but still beautiful. I saw many flower burst out suddenly and got excited. I can't stop hiking.

Lastly, from the top I saw nice green hills. Spring has come and every weekend, the mountains will be greener and greener. I saw windmills in the distance. I saw them a lot in Livermore, California. The windmills reminded me of Livermore where I needed to pass on the way to Yosemite. So for me seeing windmills would be exciting icons before and after trips. I didn't know windmills in NH. 

There is a small lake at the trailhead and I saw tadpoles and newts in the same lake. Wow. They are cute and enjoying swimming with spring sun. On this hike I was able to see all kinds of wildlife! Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment