2019-02-23

San Bruno Mountain State Park Day Hiking

You can enjoy a variety of views at San Bruno State Park!

 

1. San Francisco Bay

2. San Francisco city in the distance

3. Pacific Ocean

4. San Francisco Airport and Airplane

5. Bay Bridge

6. Green Hills

7. Racoon Family

8. Mt. Tamalpais in the distance

 

From the list above, you can guess where this park is. It is really nice area. Probably this is one of only a couple of parks that allow you to see such a variety of view. All of the listed views are very iconic for San Francisco Bay Area.

In the picture above, you can see SF city and the Bay Bridge easily. When I climb the hill at this park, I would think that I really live in the Bay Area. I would appreciate the opportunity. Hiking always gives me time to appreciate not only nature but also situation where I am.  Working in science at a good institution, having body to be able to hike, run, walk, and having eyes to see the beauty of this world. On busy weekdays, there is not much time to reflect and think where I am. For that, go outside and hike is important. 

 

Racoon family is not always found here, but is you are lucky yes. I usually see racoon at night while camping, but this time I saw family during daytime. The mother seems to be protecting kids behind her (the picture in the left).

Another thing about this park is that you can see this park from San Francisco Airport (SFO). Of course, if you can see SFO from this park, you can see this park from SFO. The point is that you can see this park even if you are just in transit at SFO. A couple of months ago, I was layover at SFO for several hours. From big window this park came into my eyes and brought back my memories of this hike. It was really nice feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment