2019-02-15

Hawai’i Big Island Trip Day9-11

Day9-11, we snorkeled everyday at Kahalu’u, Kiholo, and Puako.





During this trip, we snorkeled 11 times. It was amazing to see the sea world. There are hundreds and thousands of species of fish in the sea. Some are colorful like yellow, orange, blue, green. A lot of fish have patterns, such as poka dots or stripes. Some fish look like they are smiling. Some swim as large school. Sometimes only one unique fish is there.

 

On the other hand, there are many fish who are really similar color to rocks. The camouflage is working well.

Some are playing together, some are peacefully swimming, some are eating with big focus.

The fish world never bores me.

A couple of years ago I first tried snorkeling on Kauai island. That time I didn’t float well, so always salty water came into my snorkel. This time I used a swim vest, so it was much easier. Somehow I don’t float well in the ocean, although I don’t have a problem in pool.

Petroglyph Trail





We also hiked on the petroglyph trail. Ancient Hawaiian traveled to the specific point to produce the petroglyph. They didn’t have even shoes and went there by walking on the lava, which is hot in the day time with sun. Most of the petroglyph are humans and towards the mountains. Who? Why? No answers exist to any questions, but it is fascinating.




Another exciting thing on Big Island is Kona coffee. It was super tasty. I had more than 10 cups of Kona coffee during this trip. I wish it was more available in the mainland US.

No comments:

Post a Comment