2019-02-26

Cape Cod Day Hiking

I love day hiking as much as backpacking. 

This it the short dayhike in Cape Cod National Seashore in Massachusetts.

Cape Cod offers many beaches, hiking trails, and biking trails. It is a very beautiful area and one of the most popular summer vacation destination for New Englanders. To avoid the crowds,  I went hiking in Cape Cod in December 2017. It was my first time visiting Cape Cod. 

I choose to hike on the great island trail. It is just a couple of miles, out and back day hike. I like to have big day hikes such as 20 miles, but sometimes I like to have short slow day hikes. This time I took a time, stopped occasionally and appreciated the beauty of nature. Great Island area has a little hill and a beach. The trail is along the marsh area. Because it was December, no one was there. It was extremely quiet and I was able to find solitude. 

In the evening the orange sunshine behind the was really pretty. I used to hike coastline of Pacific Ocean, so Atlantic Ocean is new to me. Winter Atlantic Ocean is beautiful but at the same time it is displaying harsh side of mother nature. I sat down for a while to star at warm sunshine. 

Cape Cod has other interesting areas: I will write about them in different entries. Definitely must visit spots in New England.

No comments:

Post a Comment