2019-03-09

John Muir Trail Journal Day10

I did 211 mile (340 km) John Muir Trail thru-hike in July, 2014, by myself.

JMT hike is memorable and life-time accomplishment.
Every night during JMT, I wrote journal. I will share them.

 

Day10 Palisade Lake-Mather Pass-Lake Majorie

It was cloudy and sometimes drizzling in the early morning.
The scenery under clouds at a high altitude like above 12,000 feet was cool and harsh, rather than pretty. It was surreal. I wrote the lakes were like ladies, but today's view near Mather Pass was totally like a man. 

By today I caught up my schedule, and actually I am ahead of schedule, so I was able to set up a camp at 4 p.m. It was nice to have a laidback time. I washed all of my clothes in Lake Majorie. I wish I could do laundry and change clothes everyday but it's a backpacking trip. I had expected that my hair would be oily, tangled, and hard, but it looks okay. Maybe I look horrible or like a zombie, but at least I am not so uncomfortable without taking shower for 10 days so far.

Also I was able to have more time to write my journal. It's great.

Mather Pass

 

No comments:

Post a Comment