2019-03-06

John Muir Trail Journal Day7

I did 211 mile (340 km) John Muir Trail thru-hike in July, 2014, by myself.

JMT hike is memorable and life-time accomplishment.
Every night during JMT, I wrote journal. I will share them. 

It's been a week since I've started backpacking the JMT. Luckily I don't have any muscle pain. I really appreciate that I can have a body to do this.

Today's highlight was Selden Pass. From there, I was able to see Marie Lake in the distance. 

The north view was especially amazing. Marie Lakes was so quiet, peaceful and beautiful with mountains in the background.
Heart Lake was actually the shape of heart. It's cute.
Then Sallie Lakes showed up. The lakes were also so quiet and pretty.
The view is always terrific before and after a pass.

Selden Pass

Around 3:30 p.m., I stopped by Muir Trail Ranch to resupply. This place was a real ranch. They had a lot of horses. I got my food and bought a fuel canister.
There were many donation buckets where hikers can put extra/unneeded stuff.
I was able to get bandaids for my blisters.
At the ranch, I saw some JMTers and a PCT hiker. It's cool. PCT sounded more challenging. I heard that PCT hikers walk until midnight. They are so hardcore.
It was very nice to see other JMTers and even a PCT hiker. I think it was because of a sense of camaraderie.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment