2019-03-08

John Muir Trail Journal Day9

I did 211 mile (340 km) John Muir Trail thru-hike in July, 2014, by myself.

JMT hike is memorable and life-time accomplishment.
Every night during JMT, I wrote journal. I will share them.

Day9 Helen Lake to a little before Palisade Lakes

I started the day by descending from Helen Lake. 

The blue color in the morning was sexually beautiful.

It might be weird, but I thought it looked like a lady and the adjective "seductive" fits to describe the lake. 

The reason is that the lake has something to attract people and they can't stop staring at her.

I once lost the trail but I found it by looking in the distance. JMT is very well maintained, but only when one needs to cross a river or stream, there is a possibility of losing a trail. I am confident that I am better at finding a trail compared to the beginning of this trip.

Today's destination was Palisade Lake but it was farther than I had expected.
I am good at the morning climb, but it is difficult in the afternoon. My shoulder hurts because of the heavy backpack.
I hiked until 7:15 p.m. but I still couldn't see the lake, so I set up a camp. This is actually a good place because I can see the open canyon view. 

Helen Lake; rediculously beautiful

Helen Lake


Tomorrow I will climb up to Mather Pass.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment