2019-03-04

John Muir Trail Journal Day5

I did 211 mile (340 km) John Muir Trail thru-hike in July, 2014, by myself.

JMT hike is memorable and life-time accomplishment.
Every night during JMT, I wrote journal. I will share them.

 

Day5

I couldn't sleep well last night, probably because a deer came to my tent in the middle of the night.
Because I didn't set up a camp in a developed area, the deer must not have expected a tent. 

I was woken up by a sound, somehting jumping on a ground. Deer have a jump-like run, so I suspected them. 

Bears should be more sneaky when they want to steal food from humans. I opened the zipper of my sleeping bag and tried to make a noise to make him/her away by using a water bottle and my glass case. However, the sound of the zipper seemed  to have already scared the deer, and it ran away. So I decided not to make a noise and tried to go back to sleep, but it was difficult.

Lake Virginia

Anyway Today I started at Devil's Postpile and went to Cascade Valley trail junction.

Today's highlight was Lake Verginia in John Muir Wilderness.

It was one of the most beautiful lakes I've ever seen. 

Today was perfectly sunny, so the lake was reflecting the blue sky and made a pretty and peaceful scenery. 

I will never forget this lake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment