2019-03-10

John Muir Trail Journal Day11

I did 211 mile (340 km) John Muir Trail thru-hike in July, 2014, by myself.

JMT hike is memorable and life-time accomplishment.
Every night during JMT, I wrote journal. I will share them.

 

Day11 Lake Majorie-Pinchot Pass-Rae Lakes

I climbed Pinchot Pass in the morning. I started hiking at 7 a.m., so there was no one on the trail until 9 a.m. It was cloudy and actually it was cold. Clouds were moving quickly, so the scenery changed minute by minute. It was very cool.
There were a lot of cool looking lakes on the way up to the pass. They don't even have names, but they sit so quietly. I was just amazed. The mountain colors were a mixrture of grey and brown. The geology was interesting.

Today, I planned to camp near Rae Lakes. Rae Lakes consists of two lakes. They are famous for their beauty. JMT is between the two lakes. They have an interesting color. They are not just blue and rather green as well. It might be because I got to the lake in the evening. I was looking for a good, flat place to pitch a tent, but I couldn't find one. I saw some but they were already occupied, so I climbed a little hill along the lake to see if there was still an available spot. I saw a tent there, so I almost gave up. Then the person sitting there told me that there was a spot near his tent. I was lucky!
I was able to get the spot. It was great. I could see the Rae Lakes below, and there was no wind because the area was surrounded by rocks and trees. He was doing Rae Lake loop backpacking. He had already done with JMT before, so we talked about JMT. It was fun. All JMTers are so friendly and it's nice to talk with them.

Pinchot Pass

Pinchot Pass

Rae Lakes and my tent

Rae Lake and my tent


No comments:

Post a Comment