2019-03-11

John Muir Trail Journal Day12

I did 211 mile (340 km) John Muir Trail thru-hike in July, 2014, by myself.

JMT hike is memorable and life-time accomplishment.
Every night during JMT, I wrote journal. I will share them.

 

Day12

Yesterday's guy talked to me in the breakfast time. He talked about Glen Pass, which is a peak I climbed today, and Forester Pass that I will climb tomorrow.

Rae Lakes

Rae Lakes

nonname lake

noname lake

Glen Pass

Glen Pass

He also talked about a guy who did JMT without resupply. I was surprised. It is tough. The guy ate a lot of cornmeal. I might try it out.

Today I climbed Glen Pass. It was sunny after a rainy day, so it was even prettier. From Glen Pass, I was able to see many lakes. Among the lakes, Rae Lakes were exclusively beautiful. Because Rae Lakes are greenish rather than blue, their existance are very clear. No wonder Rae Lakes is famous for their beauty. At the top I talked with some JMTers. They found that there was a cell phone coverage at the top. I ate anpan (Japanese bread that has sweet bean paste inside). Anpan is awesome.

Compared to the first pass in this trip, climbing a pass is getting easier. It might be because I am getting stronger or I am just completely acclimatized.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment