2019-03-03

John Muir Trail Journal Day4

I did 211 mile (340 km) John Muir Trail thru-hike in July, 2014, by myself.

JMT hike is memorable and life-time accomplishment.
Every night during JMT, I wrote journal. I will share them.

 

Day4 Marie Lakes Junction to Devil's Postpile

It was very beautiful today. It was sunny. After the rain, the scenery got even prettier. The sky was blue and the Sierra mountains were all around us. They are a perfect match.

I saw Thousand Island Lake, Garnet Lake, Rosalie Lake, and Shadow Lake. They are so beautiful. I really appreciate the beauty. 

Thousand Lake Area

Thousand Island Lake-my favorite

Actually exactly a year ago, I came to the Thousand Island Lake area. I saw a few people doing JMT on the trail, but it had never crossed my mind there would be a time for me to do the entire JMT hike. However, it did happen just a year later!
This means I don't know what could happen the next year.

I entered the Devil's Postpile area in the evening. 

Devil's Postpile

I saw this monument last year. The trail I hiked was right near the monument and looked up to it. The JMT is also in the monument area, but it is located a little higher. It was interesting to see the monument from an upper place. I was rememberng the friends I hiked this place with last year. I wished they could have joined this JMT trip.


Then I realized that it was already near 7 p.m. Because deer were on a trail, I needed some time to drive them away by making noise.

I had to set a camp soon. 


A wilderness permit officially allows one to pitch a tent only on developed areas, but an important point is use good wilderness sense. I needed to stop before sunset. So I set a camp in the clearly undeveloped area.

No comments:

Post a Comment