2019-03-12

John Muir Trail Journal Day13

I did 211 mile (340 km) John Muir Trail thru-hike in July, 2014, by myself.

JMT hike is memorable and life-time accomplishment.
Every night during JMT, I wrote journal. I will share them.

 Day13

Today's highlight was Forester Pass. The second highest peak in the JMT. Because it was so high and steep to the top, this area was one of the most difficult areas to build a trail. Indeed, it was steep, but the view was gorgeous!

Both sides were so pretty. The lakes were so clear, I was able to see all the rocks on the bottom. The undulating mountins in the back were amazng, too. I couldn't count how many mountains there were. There were just so many. Mountains were to the left, right, behind, and in front of me. They were all in the distance. I enjoyed the view by myself for half an hour with Anpan (Japanese bread with sweet red beans). 

What a beauty rich trip.

Forester Pass

Forester Pass

 

Then I saw an American guy who has lived in Japan for two years. He lived in the Yamaguchi prefecture. I was glad and surprised to see a person who knew a rather small prefecture on JMT. It was totally unexpected.

After that, even more surprisingly, I saw an American lady who loves Japan. She glanced at me and said, "Japanese!" I was so surprised. She has worked for a Japanese company. I asked her how she knew that I was Japanese. She said that she was familiar with Japanese. Wow.

I didn't expect that I could see many people who like Japan. It's great.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment