2019-03-13

John Muir Trail Journal Day14

I did 211 mile (340 km) John Muir Trail thru-hike in July, 2014, by myself.

JMT hike is memorable and life-time accomplishment.
Every night during JMT, I wrote journal. I will share them.

Day14 Wallace Creek to Guitar Lake

Now I am close to the goal, Mt.Whitney. I can't believe I hiked here from Yosemite.
Almost all of JMT overlaps with PCT, but not from today on. From a little north of Guitar Lake, JMT goes into Mt.Whitney and PCT goes to farther south. 

Today, I passed the the junction between JMT and PCT.

It was such an imporant junction, but there was only a small sign. The sign is even fading. I could imagine thousands of hikers had stopped at the junction to take a deep breath. However, this morning, I was standing completely alone in the junction. 

It's a perfect solitude.

I camped near the Guitar Lake.

Two years ago, I saw Guitar Lake from near the top of Mt.Whitney. It was actually a shape of guitar. 

Guitar Lake

Today it was great to see Guitar Lake from the same altitude. At the shore, I didn't really see how it was a guitar shape. However, I will be able to see it from a high altitude place tomorrow.

From Mt.Whitney, Guitar lake looked green, but today at the shore, it looked perfectly blue. The sky was very blue, so the lake was reflecting it.
Also it was very cool to see Mt.Whitney from the Guitar Lake side. I was there but I had never seen Whitney from this side. It is almost a cliff, literally vertical. I was amazed at how nature made such a harsh but cool place.

No comments:

Post a Comment